Monday, May 12, 2008

Am I the missing link?



I recently fessed up to my friend Greg Troxell that I have joined the blogosphere. I have been a closet blogger because it is very safe in here. I wanted a little time to find my "voice" and understand how this whole blogging thing works. However, every time I leave a comment or put a new post up, I become a bit more exposed to discovery. I knew my outing would one day come and I can feel it pressing hard upon me. I am not a fast runner and the web has many tentacles so I knew discovery was a mere series of clicks away.

So this has me thinking....what am I adding? Perhaps a link to my page from some one else will become the "missing link" in a web-surfers life. That pearl or gem of wit and wisdom that changes their life. As they aimless click from site to site, looking for the next cyber "hit" like it is some sort of drug...I may trigger the epiphany that changes their outlook. A life changed, a cure found, a relationship restored, a decision made, a problem solved, a heart mended, a wound healed, a pain soothed, a time remembered, a need realized, forgiveness granted...

...Or, more likely it will be one of many stops as the web-surfer is clicking from dribble to drab and drab to dribble being entertained, informed; seeing a glimpse into how other, everyday people view the world. This may be the case but I am glad to officially be a part of the blogosphere. So, with these 4 simple words I am outed:

"you have been added"

No comments: