Monday, June 16, 2008

HAPYFOTHRDAY



On Father's day we went out for bagels before church. I had just ordered and we were waiting for our bagels to come out. I was sitting with Rachael and Blythe Ann. The big kids were over at a corner "play area" with some toys, crayons and stuff. I was just drinking my coffee and talking with Rachael about our plans for the day when Drake walked up and gave me this on a napkin he had asked for earlier.

It made me tear up. Not only was it very sweet of him to give this to me, but he has never written anything before. He will write his name and write out letters, but not words. He started reading all on his own about 6 weeks ago by sounding out words. Now, he is sounding them out in his head and writing them down.
There are not enough words to express how much I love this little guy.

I have told people before and I will say it again...I am continually amazed at how my kids manage to make everyday better than the one before. Every day is a Happy Father's Day.




3 comments:

SisterMoon said...

OOOOHHHHH!!!! That made me tear up too! Happy Father's Day! Love J

happycrafty said...

I love this post. How sweet!! Hope you had a Happy Father's day, seems like forever since I've seen you all, seems like it will be even longer 'til I am able to see you all. Miss you guys!

Angie said...

Drake is one sharp kid. It is so neat how children catch on to things they are learning and run with it. I am proud of your little guy.